Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
Via AF themes Site
- Download Chromenews Pro via, https://afthemes.com/products/chromenews-pro/
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract chromenews-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Chromenews Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Chromenews News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After Installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Chromenews Pro Single Post
A single post can be managed following the process below:
All post > Edit the post > You could find a sidebar option on the right-hand side from where you could choose the layouts
1. Install Theme Chromenews
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme ChromeNews
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Chromenews is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
1. Site Identify
- Site title with tagline can be added with logo
- Color and Font size could be customized
You can find a number of color options for each widget’s title, post title, general box, background color, and others inside Customize >Color Option. Also, a new button for Dark and light mode is added in the menu bar section from where you could easily change the site in any mode with just a click.
You could follow the below steps to add a menu:
Step 1: Go to the customizer option of the Appearance
Step 2: Click on the menu and create a menu and select the option below of the menu
Step 3: Then click on Add item and add a custom link, page categories you want
All widgets could be added to different sections of the
- Main Sidebar
- Front-page Content Section
- Front-page Sidebar Section
- Banner Ad Section
- Prime News Section
- Off Canvas
- Above and below Main Banner Section
- Below Feature Section
- Footer First, Second and Third Section
- Below Post Title Ad Section
- Below Post Content Ad Section
5. Header Option
Header option contains 3 sections.
- Header Setting: Where you could change the header layout, top header, time format and subscribe button with (icon and link option)
- Header Advertisement: Where you could add the advertisement image
- Header Image: Can add background image in the header
6. Main Banner Option
Customization of the Main banner along with Popular news and Breaking news is present here.
7. Frontpage Option
Options for the below section are available
- Frontpage Layout
- Featured Post
- Youtube Video
- Express Post
- Post List
- Post Carousel
8. Theme Option
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize
- Font & Typography
- Site Layout Mode
- Global Setting
- Single Post
- Archive Setting
- Sidebar Setting
- Breadcrumb Option
- Categories Option
- View Count Option
- Author & Date Setting
- Minute Read Count
- Excerpt Setting
- You May Have Missed
- Mailchimp Subscription
- Footer Option
2 Column layouts and 14+ custom widgets along with WordPress default widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets in the respected widgets area.
- Author Info
- Posts Express Grid Widget
- Posts Express List Widget
- Posts Double Column Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Carousel Widget
- Popular News Widget
- Tabbed Posts Widget
- Trending Posts Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
- YouTube Video Slider
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.