Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Search theme name Chromenews
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
Via AF themes Site
- Download Chromenews via, https://afthemes.com/products/chromenews
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract chromenews.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Chromenews Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there.
Importing Gutenberg Patterns and Template
Create a template page with a click using the Blockspare plugin. To set up the pages in Chromenews Theme you need to follow the steps below:
Install and Active blockspare plugin first
create a page > Edit it > Click on the + sign > Click on the pattern > You can find covernews > You can find a full page layout > Click to import > Set the page template as blockspare full width > then set the page as homepage
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Chromenews News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in your Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Chromenews Single Page
Chromenews Archive Page
1. Install Theme Chromenews
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Chromenews
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Chromenews is fully developed based on a customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
1. Site Identify
- Site title with tagline can be added with logo
- Font size could be customized of the site title
You can find color options inside Customize> Color panel with additional dark and light mode buttons on the menu section
You could follow the below steps to add a menu:
Step 1: Go to the customizer option of the Appearance
Step 2: Click on the menu and create a menu and select the option below the menu
Step 3: Then click on Add item and add a custom link,page categories you want
All widgets could be added to different sections of the
- Content page
- Footer First, Second, and Third Section
- Below Feature Section
- Banner Ad Section
5. Header Option
The header option contains 3 sections.
- Header Setting: Where you could change the top header and watch the online button
- Header Advertisement: Where you could add the advertisement image
- Header Image: Can add a background image in the header
6. Main Banner Option
Customization of the Main banner along with Popular news and Breaking news is present here.
7. Frontpage Option
Options for the below section are available
- Frontpage Layout
- Featured Post
- Post List
8. Theme Option
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize
- Font & Typography
- Global Setting
- Single Post
- Archive Setting
- Sidebar Setting
- Breadcrumb Option
- Categories Option
- Author & Date Setting
- Minute Read Count
- Excerpt Setting
- You May Have Missed
- Footer Option
2 Column layouts and 9+ custom widgets along with WordPress default widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets in the respected widgets area.
- Author Info
- Posts Double Column Widget
- Posts Express List Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Single Column
- Trending Posts Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets to the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.