Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
If you are new with WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
CoverNews Pro is a new theme so you install it by uploading the theme zip to WordPress (Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme). You won’t lose any of your content (posts, pages etc) when you activate it.
Step 1: Collect the Pro .zip file & license key
After completing purchase, Log in into your AF themes Account
Click on View from there you can download it and also collect Licence key
Step 2: Installing CoverNews Pro
Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
From top, Click on Upload Theme
File Upload Size:
Be sure to check php upload_max_filesize and post_max_size is 32M or higher. If you are running shared web hosting you should contact your web hosting service provider to find more information about that. If you are running unmanaged dedicated server or VPS you should check your php.ini file. Alternatively you can edit .htaccess file in the root of your website and add the following values:
php_value post_max_size 32M
php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
Setting these values will ensure you wont get an error reporting that your upload and post memory limit is too low.
Alternatively, you can also upload theme file using FTP/SFTP file server tool or directly from the cPanel or file manager dashboard provided by you file hosting provider.
Choose the ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
Click on Activate to activate the theme
Step 3: Activating your license
Go to your website & log in
Go to Appearance -> Theme License
Paste your theme license key into the License Key field
Click on Save Changes
Via AF themes Site
- Download Covernews Pro via, https://afthemes.com/products/covernews-pro/
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract covernews-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
Info: Without activating license, you will not receive any updates of CoverNews Pro
You can always use the support forum in case if you faced any problem while installing the theme.
Covernews Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Covernews News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After Installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Covernews Single Page
1. Install Theme Covernews
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Covernews
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
- Site Identify
- Header Image
- Background Image
- Homepage Settings
- Frontpage Options
- Theme Options