All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in the Elegant Magazine News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in your Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
1. Install Theme Elegant Magazine
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Elegant Magazine
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create a Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
Elegant Magazine Pro is a new theme so you install it by uploading the theme zip to WordPress (Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme). You won’t lose any of your content (posts, pages, etc) when you activate it.
Step 1: Collect the Pro .zip file & license key
After completing the purchase, Log in to your AF themes Account
Click on View from there you can download it and also collect the Licence key
Step 2: Installing Elegant Magazine Pro
Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
From the top, click on Upload Theme
File Upload Size:
Be sure to check PHP upload_max_filesize and post_max_size is 32M or higher. If you are running shared web hosting you should contact your web hosting service provider to find more information about that. If you are running an unmanaged dedicated server or VPS you should check your php.ini file. Alternatively, you can edit .htaccess file at the root of your website and add the following values:
php_value post_max_size 32M
php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
Setting these values will ensure you won’t get an error reporting that your upload and post memory limit is too low.
Alternatively, you can also upload theme files using FTP/SFTP file server tool or directly from the cPanel or file manager dashboard provided by your file hosting provider.
Choose the ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
Click on Activate to activate the theme
Step 3: Activating your license
Go to your website & log in
Go to Appearance -> Theme License
Paste your theme license key into the License Key field
Click on Save Changes
Info: Without activating your license, you will not receive any updates on Elegant Magazine Pro