Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts (WordPress Posts)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages (WordPress Pages)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels (Administration Panels)
From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Search theme name Enternews
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
Via AF themes Site
- Download Enternews via, https://afthemes.com/products/enternews
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract enternews.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Enternews Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Enternews News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After Installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Enternews Single Post
Enternews Archive Options
Note: If you are not familiar with the new WordPress Editor Gutenberg, you can easily disable it and enable the classic editor.
1. Install Theme Enternews
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Enternews
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Enternews is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
1. Site Identify
- Site title with tagline can be added with logo
- Color and Font size could be customized
- Site Mode of Default and Dark
- Background Color and Secondary Color could be changed
3. Header Image
- Header Image could be changed
4. Background Image
- Background Image could be changed
- Size of image can be managed
- Scroll With page option
- Container Padding option
You could follow the below steps to add menu:
Step 1: Go to the customizer option of the Appearance
Step 2: Click on the menu and create a menu and select the option below of the menu
Step 3: Then click on Add item and add custom link ,page categories you want
6. Frontpage Option
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Options
- Check the available settings there.
- Frontpage Layout
Different layouts could be set for frontpage
- Ticker News
Enable option and selecting the categories option for Ticker News
- Main Banner
Different layouts, style with color function are available with category selecting option
- Feature News
Enable option of Feature News with category selecting option
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Font & Typography
- Header Options
- Breadcrumb Options
- Sidebar Options
- Comment Count
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- You May Have Missed
Each section have multiple settings, check them all.
2 Column layouts and 8+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets on the respected widgets area.
Custom Widgets are,
- Author Info
- Posts Express Grid Widget
- Posts Double Categories Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Tabbed Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.
Available Widgets Areas
Enternews has widgets areas,
- Header Section 1
- Header Section 2
- Static Frontpage Section
- Static Frontpage Sidebar Section
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )