Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract kreeti-lite.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Kreeti Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Kreeti News and Magazine Responsive WordPress themes.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in your Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
Server error 504 – Gateway timeout
This means, that the server did not get a timely response and so it stopped with the current import. What you can try is to run the same import again. If you get the same error, you can try to run the same import a few times. A couple of import tries might finish the import till the end because your server will be able to process the import data in smaller chunks.
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
1. Install Theme Kreeti
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Kreeti Lite
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Kreeti is fully developed based on a customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
Front Page Options
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Options
- Check the available settings there.
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Banner Advertisement
- Popular Tags
- Exclusive Ticker News
- Prime News Section
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Posts Section
- Express Posts Section
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize > Theme Options,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Header Options
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- Sidebar Block Settings
- You May Have Missed
Each section has multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
Available Widgets Areas
Kreeti has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar Sections
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )