Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme fora bug fix, add new features and more… please follow us on twitter and like us on facebook to get a notification.
If you are new with WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract kreeti.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
You can always use the support forum in case if you faced any problem while installing the theme.
Kreeti Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Kreeti News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme with One Click Demo Import Plugin.
Server error 504 – Gateway timeout
This means, that the server did not get a timely response and so it stopped with the current import. What you can try is to run the same import again. If you get the same error, you can try to run the same import a few times. A couple of import tries might finish the import till the end, becaue your server will be able to process the import data in smaller chunks.
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
1. Install Theme Kreeti
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Kreeti
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Kreeti is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
The main banner section includes,
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Banner Advertisement
- Popular Tags
- Exclusive Ticker News
- Prime News Section
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Posts Section
- Featured Videos Section
- Express Posts Section
- Posts List Section
- Posts Carousel Section
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize > Theme Options,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Fonts & Typography
- Header Options
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- You May Have Missed
- Sidebar Block Settings
- Instagram Carousel
- Mailchimp Subscriptions
Each section have multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
Available Widgets Areas
Kreeti has widgets areas,
- Upper Main Sidebar Sections
- Below Main Sidebar Sections
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Prime News Frontpage Sections
- Upper Banner Advertisements Widget Area
- Below Banner Advertisements Widget Area
- Posts Title Section Advertisements Widget Area
- Posts Content Section Advertisements Widget Area
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )