Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme fora bug fix, add new features and more… please follow us on twitter and like us on facebook to get a notification.
If you are new with WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
Via AF themes Site
- Download Magnitude Pro theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/magnitude-pro
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
File Upload Size:
Be sure to check php upload_max_filesize and post_max_size is 32M or higher. If you are running shared web hosting you should contact your web hosting service provider to find more information about that. If you are running unmanaged dedicated server or VPS you should check your php.ini file. Alternatively you can edit .htaccess file in the root of your website and add the following values:
php_value post_max_size 32M
php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
Setting these values will ensure you wont get an error reporting that your upload and post memory limit is too low.
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract magnitude-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Theme License
- Enter your theme license key into the License Key field
- Click Activate
Info: Without activating license, you will not receive any updates of Magnitude Pro
You can always use the support forum in case if you faced any problem while installing the theme.
Magnitude Pro Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Magnitude News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After Installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Import Option of the Demo
- Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
1. Install Theme Magnitude Pro
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Magnitude Pro
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
4. Set static frontpage template
- Go to admin panel > Pages
- Find the page that you have set to “Static Page”, here (Home Page recently set above)
- Get Page Attibutes metabox > Template
- Select Frontpage Template from the dropdown
- Save Changes
Note: You can get all the available widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.
See the below video to know more about setting home page and blog page.
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Magnitude Pro is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
The main banner section includes,
- Banner Advertisement
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Categories/Pages/Custom Section
- Featured Posts Section
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Magnitude Pro: Main Banner Layout Overview
Magnitude Pro: Header Layout Overview
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Fonts & Typography
- Header Options
- Comment Count
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- Mailchimp Subscriptions
- Instagram carousel
- You May Have Missed
Each section have multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
Magnitude Pro: Color Options Overview
Magnitude Pro: Theme Options Overview
15+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets on the respected widgets area.
Custom Widgets are,
- Author Biography
- Posts Carousel Widget
- Posts Double Column Double Categories Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Express List Widget
- Posts Tabbed Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
- Call to Action Widget
- MailChimp Widget
- Instagram Widget
- Trending Posts Vertical Carousel Widget
- YouTube Video Slider Widget
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area. See the below video to know more about the widgets.
Available Widgets Areas
Magnitude Pro has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Static Frontpage Content Sections
- Static Frontpage Sidebar Sections
- Banner Advertisements Widget Area
- Posts Section Advertisements Widget Area
- Below Main Banner Section Widget Area
- Above Footer Banner Section Widget Area
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )