Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
Via AF themes Site
- Download Magnitude Pro theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/magnitude-pro
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
File Upload Size:
Be sure to check PHP upload_max_filesize and post_max_size is 32M or higher. If you are running shared web hosting you should contact your web hosting service provider to find more information about that. If you are running an unmanaged dedicated server or VPS you should check your php.ini file. Alternatively, you can edit the .htaccess file at the root of your website and add the following values:
php_value post_max_size 32M
php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
Setting these values will ensure you won’t get an error reporting that your upload and post memory limit is too low.
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract magnitude-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Theme License
- Enter your theme license key into the License Key field
- Click Activate
Info: Without activating your license, you will not receive any updates on Magnitude Pro
You can always use the support forum in case you face any problems while installing the theme.
Magnitude Pro Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
Magnitude Pro Homepage
Magnitude Pro Theme Offers Two different Homepage Options
- Your Latest Posts
- A Static Page
1. Your Latest Posts
The theme Default mode is Your Latest Posts where Admin posts are displayed in List Layout which the admin could customize from the steps below:
Appearance > Customizer > Theme Option > Archive Setting
where, the admin could change the Layouts, Content View, and Pagination
Magnitude Archive Pages Layouts
2. A Static Page
Create a Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
Set the static front page template
- Go to admin panel > Pages
- Find the page that you have set to “Static Page”, here (Home Page recently set above)
- Get Page Attributes meta box > Template
- Select Frontpage Template from the dropdown
- Save Changes
Note: You can get all the available widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.
See the below video to know more about setting home page and blog page.
How to add Pages/Posts?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages/Posts > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page/Post
- Write the Content of the Page/Post
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Featured Image section where you could add the feature image for the Post or the Page
Ma Pro Single Posts
All posts could be customized either Individually or Globally from the Theme Customizer Option
Individual: Dashboard > Posts> Edit Post > Admin could get an option of editing the Content Layout and Alignment
Globally: Dashboard > Appearance > Customizer > Theme Option > Single Post (Image position for feature image with disabling option is provided for better display and the content layout can be changed.)
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Magnitude News and Magazine Responsive WordPress themes.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in your Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
- Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Magnitude Pro is fully developed based on a customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
1. Site Identify
- Site title with tagline can be added with logo
- Font size and color could be changed for Site Title
Magnitude Pro Theme contains lots of Color Options as required for the Theme with 2 different modes Light and Dark.
Customize > Color Option.
- Primary Color
- Secobadry Color
- Texts Over Secondary Color
- Gradient Effect
- Background Color
- Global Title Color
- Box Background Color
- Post Format Icon
- Menu Background Color
- Menu Item Color
- Badge Background
- Badge Text Color
- Post Title
- Post Title Over Image
- Category Color
- Mailchimp Background and Text Color
- Mailchimp Input Field Border Color
- Footer Background and Text Color
- Footer Credits Background and Text Color
- Secondary Color
- Text Over Seconadry Color
- Gradient Effects
- Category Color
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
The main banner section includes,
- Banner Advertisement
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Categories/Pages/Custom Section
- Featured Posts Section
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Magnitude Pro: Main Banner Layout Overview
Magnitude Pro: Header Layout Overview
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Fonts & Typography
- Header Options
- Comment Count
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- Mailchimp Subscriptions
- Instagram carousel
- You May Have Missed
Each section has multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
Magnitude Pro: Color Options Overview
Magnitude Pro: Theme Options Overview
15+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets in the respected widgets area.
Custom Widgets are,
- Author Biography
- Posts Carousel Widget
- Posts Double Column Double Categories Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Express List Widget
- Posts Tabbed Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
- Call to Action Widget
- MailChimp Widget
- Instagram Widget
- Trending Posts Vertical Carousel Widget
- YouTube Video Slider Widget
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets to the Static Front Page Section Widget Area. See the below video to know more about the widgets.
Available Widgets Areas
Magnitude Pro has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Static Frontpage Content Sections
- Static Frontpage Sidebar Sections
- Banner Advertisements Widget Area
- Posts Section Advertisements Widget Area
- Below Main Banner Section Widget Area
- Above Footer Banner Section Widget Area
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )