Familiarity with the WordPress EcosystemPlease take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions. We will frequently update this theme fora bug fix, add new features and more… please follow us on twitter and like us on facebook to get a notification. If you are new with WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first: http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts (WordPress Posts) http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages (WordPress Pages) http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels (Administration Panels)
From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Search theme name Magnitude
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract magnitude.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
Via AF themes Site
- Download Magnitude theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/magnitude
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
Magnitude Recommended Plugins
How to add Pages?It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
How to Import Dummy Data?Importing the demo data is easy in Magnitude News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After Installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Import Option of the Demo
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Magnitude
- Click on Install and then Activate
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
- Go to admin panel > Pages
- Find the page that you have set to “Static Page”, here (Home Page recently set above)
- Get Page Attibutes metabox > Template
- Select Frontpage Template from the dropdown
- Save Changes
A Trip to CustomizerWell, Magnitude is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
- Banner Advertisement
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Categories Section
- Featured Posts Section
Theme Options OverviewAvailable options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Top Header Options
- Header Options
- Comment Count
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- You May Have Missed
Widgets Overview8+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets on the respected widgets area. Custom Widgets are,
- Author Biography
- Posts Double Column Double Categories Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Tabbed Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
Available Widgets AreasMagnitude has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar
- Static Frontpage Content Section
- Static Frontpage Sidebar Section
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )