Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts (WordPress Posts)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages (WordPress Pages)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels (Administration Panels)
From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Search theme name Magnitude
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract magnitude.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
Via AF themes Site
- Download Magnitude theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/magnitude
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
You can always use the support forum in case you face any problems while installing the theme.
Magnitude Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Note: If you are not familiar with the new WordPress editor Gutenberg, you can easily disable it and enable the classic editor.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Magnitude News and Magazine Responsive WordPress themes.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in your Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
1. Install Theme Magnitude
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Magnitude
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create a Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
4. Set static front page template
- Go to admin panel > Pages
- Find the page that you have set to “Static Page”, here (Home Page recently set above)
- Get Page Attributes meta box > Template
- Select Frontpage Template from the dropdown
- Save Changes
Note: You can get all the available widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.
See the below video to know more about setting home page and blog page.
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Magnitude is fully developed based on a customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
The main banner section includes,
- Banner Advertisement
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Categories Section
- Featured Posts Section
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Top Header Options
- Header Options
- Comment Count
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- You May Have Missed
Each section has multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
8+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets in the respected widgets area.
Custom Widgets are,
- Author Biography
- Posts Double Column Double Categories Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Tabbed Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets to the Static Front Page Section Widget Area. See the below video to know more about the widgets.
Available Widgets Areas
Magnitude has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar
- Static Frontpage Content Section
- Static Frontpage Sidebar Section
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )
P.S.:- More Sidebars are available in the premium version.