Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts (WordPress Posts)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages (WordPress Pages)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels (Administration Panels)
Via AF themes Site
- Download Newsphere Pro theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/newsphere-pro
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract newsphere-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Theme License
- Enter your theme license key into the License Key field
- Click Activate
Info: Without activating the license, you will not receive any updates to the theme.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Newsphere Pro Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Newsphere News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Note: If you are not familiar with the new WordPress editor Gutenberg, you can easily disable it and enable the classic editor.
1. Install Theme Newsphere Pro
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Newsphere Pro
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create a Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
See the below video to know more about setting home page and blog page.
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Newsphere Pro is fully developed based on a customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
The main banner section includes,
- Banner Advertisement
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Popular Tags
- Exclusive Posts
- Main Banner Section
- Featured Section
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Newsphere Pro: Main Banner Layout Overview
Newsphere Pro: Header and Main Banner Overview
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Fonts & Typography
- Top Header Options
- Header Options
- Comment Count
- Minutes Read Count
- Date and Author
- Single Post
- Related Posts
- Archive Settings
- Mailchimp Subscriptions
- Instagram carousel
- You May Have Missed
Each section has multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
Newsphere Pro: Color Options Overview
Newsphere Pro: Theme Options Overview
10+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets on the respected widgets area.
Custom Widgets are,
- Author Biography
- Posts Carousel Widget
- Posts Double Column Double Categories Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Tabbed Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Express grid Widget
- Posts Express List Widget
- Trending Posts Vertical Carousel Widget
- YouTube Video Slider Widget
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets to the Static Front Page Section Widget Area. See the below video to know more about the widgets.
Available Widgets Areas
Newsphere Pro has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Static Frontpage Sections
- Static Frontpage Sidebar Sections
- Banner Advertisements Widget Area
- Posts Section Advertisements Widget Area
- Above Main Banner Section Widget Area
- Below Main Banner Section Widget Area
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )