Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Search theme name Storeship
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract storeship.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
Via AF themes Site
- Download Storeship theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/storeship
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Storeship Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in the Storeship WooCommerce WordPress theme. For the free theme, you need to import the demo Manually using the One Click Demo Import plugin. Please make sure you have activated all of the recommended plugins.
After activating the import plugin you can get following dashboard for manual demo file uploads.
Please Download the demo zip from the Storeship product page and select all 3 appropriate files as mentioned then hit the Import Demo button then wait until it finishes.
The successful demo data import will show you the following message, which means the site is ready with the predefined setup as the Storeship demo.
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
Server error 504 – Gateway timeout
This means, that the server did not get a timely response and so it stopped with the current import. What you can try is to run the same import again. If you get the same error, you can try to run the same import a few times. A couple of import tries might finish the import till the end, because your server will be able to process the import data in smaller chunks.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
How to add Products in WooCommerce?
First, make sure all the recommended plugins are installed and activated. After installing the WooCommerce plugin, Products section will appear on the admin dashboard.
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Products > Add New
- Put the Product Title
- Enter the descriptions, gallery images, products price, and other information
- Select/Create a product category.
- Click on publish to Save the Products. Likewise, you can simply add all the products one by one.
P.S.:- You can also import the products XML file from Tools > Import > Products.
How to make my website like your demo?
Importing the demo content will easily make the website like the demo. However, you can follow the basic steps mentioned below if you want to do it manually.
1. Install Theme Storeship
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Storeship
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Select Custom Front-page from Page Attributes panel
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Storeship is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
Frontpage Main Banner Options
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Frontpage Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
This section includes,
- Top Categories Options
- Search Bar Options
- Main Slider Settings
Check all the available settings one by one.
Frontpage Featured Section Options
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize > Frontpage Featured Section
- Store Features and Facilities
- Featured Products
- Store Offers Display Sections
Each section has multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
Frontpage Content Section Options
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Frontpage Content Section
- Check the available settings there.
There are 3 different interchangeable custom content sections for WooCommerce product grid and list.
Frontpage Footer Featured Section Options
The section has designed to show your Brands logos and Call to action section for in free theme. However you will get more sections and controls on its premium package. Please watch the below video for an overview of the options.
Widgets Area Overview
7+ custom widgets areas are available in this theme. You can place any kind of available widgets on the respected widgets area.
Theme Options Settings Overview
Hence, this is a WooCommerce theme, you need to know some basic ideas about the theme as well as the essential WooCommerce settings available in the theme. This section of customizer includes the major theme settings. Available options are inside Appearance > Customize > Theme Options
- Pre-loader Option
- Store Global Options
- Shop/Single product Content Alignment
- Post/Page/Archives Content Alignment
- Header Options
- Toggle Account Menu
- Toggle Minicart
- Custom Menu Link
- Contact Options
- Button and Badges Texts
- Sale Text
- Single Add to cart text
- Simple products add to cart text
- Product Loop
- Always show Add to Cart Button or show on hover
- Show products ratings
- Shop Page
- Product Page
- Latest Posts
- Secure Payment Badge
Each section has multiple setting options, check the individually. Additionally, you can get more eCommerce settings under Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce
Storeship Pro Overview
You can get more and more options with advanced controls in the premium version of Storeship. If you tend to have a look at its pro packages, please check the pro demos. The premium theme overview has been recorded as follows:
Please feel free to contact our support with any kind of difficulties regarding theme setup.