Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support-related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme for bug fixes, add new features, and more… please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get a notification.
If you are new to WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
- Use your FTP software to browse to the wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract shopical-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
Via AF themes Site
- Purchase Shopical Pro theme via, www.afthemes.com/products/shopical-pro
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Theme License
- Enter your theme license key into the License Key field
- Click Activate
Info: Without activating the license, you will not receive any updates to the theme.
You can always use the support forum in case you faced any problems while installing the theme.
Shopical Pro: Frontpage Overview
Shopical Pro Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in the Shopical WooCommerce WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in your Dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
How to add Products to WooCommerce?
First, make sure all the recommended plugins are installed and activated. After installing the WooCommerce plugin, the Products section will appear on the admin dashboard.
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Products > Add New
- Put the Product Title
- Enter the descriptions, gallery images, products price, and other information
- Select/Create a product category.
- Click on publish to Save the Products. Likewise, you can simply add all the products one by one.
P.S.:- You can also import the products XML file from Tools > Import > Products.
How to make my website like your demo?
Importing the demo content will easily make the website like the demo. However, you can follow the basic steps mentioned below if you want to do it manually.
1. Install Theme Shopical Pro
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Shopical Pro
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install the theme above.
2. Create a Page for Home and Blog( Static Front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for the Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
See the below video to know more about setting home page and blog page.
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Shopical Pro is fully developed based on a customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside the customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
The main banner section includes,
- Banner Advertisement
- Layout Options
- Latest Products Carousel
- Top Categories
- Main Slider
- First Thumb Slider
- Second Thumb Slider
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below videos to know more about this section.
Multiple Header layout settings:
Multiple Top categories:
Multiple Main Banner Section:
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize,
- Preloader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Top Header Options
- Header Options
- Contact Options
- Secure Payment Badge Option
- Footer Options
- Scroll to Top
Each section has multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below video to know more about this section.
23+ custom widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets in the respected widgets area.
Custom Widgets are,
- Products carousel Tabbed
- Products List
- Products Slider
- Products Carousel
- Store Offers
- Call To Action
- Latest Posts
- Tabbed Posts
- Product Lists
- Express Product Lists
- Product Latest Review Lists
- Author Info
- Store Contact
- Store Social Contact
- Store Testimonial Contact
- Store Brands Contact
- Store FAQ Contact
- MailChimp Subscriptions
- Instagram Carousel
- Youtube Video
- Features and Facilities
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets to the Static Front Page Section Widget Area. See the below video to know more about the widgets.
WooCommerce Settings Overview
Hence, this is a WooCommerce theme, you need to know some basic ideas about the WooCommerce settings available on the theme. This section of the customizer includes the major theme settings. Available options are inside Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce,
- Store Global Options
- Content Alignment
- Button and Badge Text
- Sale Text
- Single Add to cart text
- Simple products add to cart text
- Variable products add to cart text
- Grouped products add to cart text
- External products add to cart text
- Product Search
- Product search placeholder
- Select category
- Minicart settings
- Language Currency Switcher
- Store Notice
- Product Catalog
- Product Images
- Product Loop
- Shop Page
- Product Page
Each section has multiple setting options, check the individually. See the below video for more information.
Available Widgets Areas
Shopical has widgets areas,
- Main Sidebar
- Off-Canvas Panel Shop Sidebar
- Shop Sidebar
- Above Top Menu Bar
- Advertisement Section
- Above Main Banner
- Static Frontpage Section
- Contact Page Section
- Above Footer Section
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Widget areas in Footer )