Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
If you are new with WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
Via AF themes Site
- Download Morenews Pro via, https://afthemes.com/products/morenews-pro/
- Go to your WordPress website dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and select the Zip file you recently downloaded.
- Click on Install and Activate it.
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract morenews-pro.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
You can always use the support forum in case if you faced any problem while installing the theme.
Morenews Recommended Plugins
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in Morenews News and Magazine Responsive WordPress theme.
- Download AF Companion Plugin recommend by the theme
- After Installing the plugin, Click Activate button
- Open AF Companion which appears in you Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Import Option of the Demo
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Morenews Single Page
1. Install Theme Morenews
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New and search theme Morenews
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Home and Blog( Static front Page )
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, Morenews is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
1. Site Identify
- Site title with tagline can be added with logo
- Color and Font size could be customized
You can find number of color options inside Customize>Color panel
You could follow the below steps to add menu:
Step 1: Go to the customizer option of the Appearance
Step 2: Click on the menu and create a menu and select the option below of the menu
Step 3: Then click on Add item and add custom link ,page categories you want
All widgets could be add in different section of the
- Content page
- Footer First, Second and Third Section
- Above and Below Main Banner Section
- Below Feature Section.
- Banner Ad Section
5. Header Option
Header option contain 3 section.
- Header Setting: Where you could change the header layout, top header and watch online button
- Header Advertisement: Where you could add the advertisement image
- Header Image: Can add background image in the header
6. Main Banner Option
Customization of Main banner along with Popular news and Breaking news is present here.
7. Frontpage Option
Options for the below section are availablehttps://www.youtube.com/embed/r3j7PDxCCPw?feature=oembed
- Frontpage Layout
- Feature Post
- Youtube Video
- Express Post List
- Post List
- Post Carousel
8. Theme Option
Available options are inside Appearance > Customizehttps://www.youtube.com/embed/ta1q2U_nHnw?feature=oembed
- Font & Typography
- Site Layout Mode
- Global Setting
- Single Post
- Archive Setting
- Sidebar Setting
- Breadcrumb Option
- Categories Option
- View Count Option
- Author & Date Setting
- Minute Read Count
- Excerpt Setting
- You May Have Missed
- Mailchimp Subscription
- Footer Option
2 Column layouts and 14+ custom widgets along with WordPress default widgets are available in this theme. You can place all the available widgets on the respected widgets area.
- Author Info
- Posts Express Grid Widget
- Posts Express List Widget
- Posts Double Column Widget
- Posts Single Column Widget
- Posts Grid Widget
- Posts List Widget
- Posts Slider Widget
- Posts Carousel Widget
- Popular News Widget
- Tabbed Posts Widget
- Trending Posts Widget
- Social Contacts Widget
- YouTube Video Slider
Note: You can add all the above-listed widgets on the Static Front Page Section Widget Area.