Familiarity with the WordPress Ecosystem
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
We will frequently update this theme fora bug fix, add new features and more… please follow us on twitter and like us on facebook to get a notification.
If you are new with WordPress, please read the WordPress documentation first:
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract westore.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
WestOre Recommended Plugins
- Contact Form 7
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
- YITH WooCommerce Quick View
- YITH WooCommerce Compare
- Woo Total Sales
- Woo Set Price Note
- WP Post Author
- MailChimp for WordPress
- One Click Demo Import
All the above-listed plugins are recommended on the WordPress dashboard after activating the theme. You can simply install them from there. See the below video to know more about installing plugins.
How to Import Dummy Data?
Importing the demo data is easy in WestOre – WooCommerce Responsive WordPress theme with One Click Demo Import Plugin.
Server error 504 – Gateway timeout
This means, that the server did not get a timely response and so it stopped with the current import. What you can try is to run the same import again. If you get the same error, you can try to run the same import a few times. A couple of import tries might finish the import till the end, becaue your server will be able to process the import data in smaller chunks.
Note: If your website has genuine content already, it is not recommended to import the dummy data. Make sure, you are building a new website from scratch before importing the dummy data.
Note: If you are not familiar with the new WordPress Editor Gutenberg, you can easily disable it and enable the classic editor.
How to add Pages?
It is easy to add a post and page in WordPress.
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give the Title of the Page
- Write the Content of the Page
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
How to add Products in WooCommerce?
At first, make sure all the recommended plugins are installed and activated. After installing the WooCommerce plugin, Products section will appear on the admin dashboard.
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Products > Add New
- Put the Product Title
- Enter the descriptions, gallery images, products price, and other information
- Select/Create a product category.
- Click on publish to Save the Products. Likewise, you can simply add all the products one by one.
P.S.:- You can also import the products XML file from Tools > Import > Products.
1. Install Theme WestOre
- Go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New
- Upload theme westore.zip
- Click on Install and then Activate
We already mentioned the possible methods to install theme above.
2. Create Page for Static front Page
At first, you need to create two pages, one for Home Page and another for the Blog page.
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page (Example: Home Page)
- Select “Front-page Template” from Page Attributes
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page (for Blog).
3. Set Homepage and Blog page
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
A Trip to Customizer
Well, WestOre is fully developed based on customizer. So, you need to check all the options available inside customizer meticulously.
Main Banner and Featured Section
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Main Banner Options
- Check the available settings there.
Frontpage Main Banner Options
- Frontpage Layout Settings
- Banner Advertisement Section
- Top Categories Options
- Multiple Category Display Mode
- Main Slider Section
- Multiple Slider/Carousel Modes
Frontpage Featured Section
- Store Features and Facilities
- Store Offers
- Featured Categories
- Featured Tabbed Products
- On-sale Products Section
Frontpage Content Section
- 7 Interchangeable Sections
- Toggle Section, Title and Note
- Product Carousel
- Product List
- Product Grid
- Express Carousel
- Alternate Product List
Check all the available settings one by one. See the below screenshots to know more about this sections.
Frontpage Footer Featured Section
- Footer Featured Slider
- Call To Action
Theme Options Overview
Available options are inside Appearance > Customize > Theme Options,
- Pre-Loader Options
- Global Layout Options
- Fonts & Typography
- Top Header Options
- Social Menu
- Language Switcher
- Currency Switcher
- Header Options
- Show Popular Tags
- Header Custom Link Options
- Contact Options
- Secure Payment Badge Options
- Instagram Carousel
- Mailchimp Subscriptions
- Footer Options
- Scroll to Top
Each section have multiple settings, check them all. You can see the below image to know more about this section.
WooCommerce Custom Options
- Store Global Options
- Button and Badge Texts
- Product Search with Autocomplete Options
- Minicart Settings
- Header Account Settings
- Header Wishlist Settings
- Product Loop
- Product Column for Mobile Devices
- Show Related Products
- Toggle Product Zoom
Available Widgets Areas
WestOre has widgets areas,
- Above Top Header Section
- Off-Canvas Panel Sidebar
- Above Banner Section
- Advertisement Section
- Static Frontpage Section
- Shop Sidebar
- Main Sidebar
- Contact Page Section
- Above Footer Section Advertisements Widget Area
- Footer Widgets Sections( 3 Sidebars in Footer )
Note: You can always use the support forum in case if you faced any problem while installing the theme.